Thursday, July 29, 2010

Road Trip Mix Tape!

I love a good road trip. Road trips include little traditions, routines, and rituals that I find comforting. Picking out books to read on the way (or some trashy celebrity magazines), digging out the bean-shaped neck pillow (I love my little neck pillow), and of course making a MIX TAPE (well, okay, it's an iTunes playlist).

This time, I not only made myself my own special mix of music for the road, but I also made Baby L a playlist.

Here's a sampling what Baby L's been going to hear on her way to Vermont, then Boston:

Elizabeth Mitchell (You Are My Flower, You Are My Sunshine, You Are My Little Bird)
Jerry Garcia and Dave Grisman (Not For Kids Only)
Bob Marley (Legend)
The Beatles (The White Album, Abbey Road)
Nina Simone (Miscellaneous)
Louis Armstrong (Miscellaneous)
Ziggy Marley (B is for Bob)

Baby L loves to hear the same music again and again. She bangs her little hands against the carseat to play "drums," shakes her rattles and shakers, kicks her tiny feet, and sings at the top of her lungs "Ahhhhh!" to her favorite tunes.

Bon voyage!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make a play list for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! This is an older post, and it's funny, we don't make iTunes playlists in our family anymore. We've graduated to Pandora since then! How quickly things change!

    ReplyDelete