Monday, November 1, 2010

Our Newest Game: "Where's the..."

"L, where's the monkey?" I asked Baby L, pointing to her toys.
L grinned a big toothy smile and crawled over to her basket of stuffed animals.
"Aaah! Aaah! Aaah!" she shrieked (like a monkey).
"Yes! That's right! That's your monkey!" My heart swelled. My little baby was talking!
"L, where's the owl?" I asked. She turned immediately back to her stuffed animals, all business now.
Five seconds later she found what she was looking for.
"Oooh. Oooh. Ooooh," she hooted, pointing at her favorite stuffed owl--the one her babysitter made her for her birthday a few weeks ago.
"That's right!" I cried, "That's your owl that Ruby made for you! Can you find the other owl?"
L cocked her head at me, as if to say, "Huh?"
"The other owl, you know, the old one?" L dug through the stuffed animals. She cast aside a doll, a teddy bear, and two doggies. Finally, she held the owl she was looking for above her head and hooted, "Oooh! Oooh Oooh!"
"Oh, L, you are the smartest baby in the world!"

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, She IS smart - I'll make the noises, but I don't find toys in command! Or, I do, but only occasionally and if no one is watching so everyone thinks Mommy is crazy. Also? I make a monkey noise, but haven't learned owl yet - something to work on tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete